Should you automate testing? Your QA automation readiness checklist
Five practical steps to guide test automation preparation
within your QA strategy
Test automation is essential to delivering digital innovation in a timely manner. Before you start down the path to automation, however, you need to evaluate your organization’s readiness to do so. Prepared by Lee Barnes, a software testing expert with 25 years of experience, our “Automation Readiness Assessment Checklist” provides a framework to help you do exactly that. It will guide you through organizational (re)alignment, resource allocation, and the creation of a quality assurance strategy that aligns to your organizational goals.
Read this guide to learn about:
- The five fundamental organizational components that you should assess first
- Important areas to investigate to determine the testability of your application
- A simple breakdown of the testing automation process
- Tips to develop a viable test data management strategy
- Possible pitfalls and common causes for failure
- An in-depth overview of the skillsets and resources needed to achieve success
Even if your in-house resources seem enough to achieve your test automation goals, it may not be the best choice, time- and effort-wise. Whether you have already started your test automation journey or are just considering it, the readiness assessment is the crucial step to take a fresh look at your scope — and plan accordingly.
Get your free copy of the checklist right now by completing the form on this page.