Auto parts manufacturer boosts sales through Salesforce B2B Commerce
Ex-Guard is an independent U.S.-based manufacturer and distributor of high-quality patented aftermarket automotive grille guards and bumper protection systems that offer durability, strength, and ease of use. Ex-Guard sells its products through an extensive and ever-expanding dealer network spanning the U.S. and Canada.
Having established a stable share in a niche market, Ex-Guard aimed to solidify its position and streamline ordering, processing, and fulfillment. By switching to a self-service B2B marketplace, the brand planned to accomplish two major goals: eliminate mundane tasks for its sales team, and to create custom-tailored and smooth experiences for its buyers.
Ex-Guard needed its existing enterprise resource planning system, integrations, and other business-critical features to stay intact while reinforcing its storefront. With Salesforce CRM serving as the core of their business operations, adopting a Salesforce B2B e-commerce portal was logical and allowed data flow integrity to be preserved within the same product ecosystem. However, this project posed the following challenges:
- Novelty: Salesforce had just released its B2B commerce solution, and its performance and capabilities were yet to be explored by businesses and developers
- Pricing complexity: Ex-Guard uses a wholesale-specific pricing structure with multi-level discount tiers, which are assigned to customers based on their order size
- Variable postal fees: In order to remain flexible for its local and international customers, Ex-Guard needed automatic shipping fee calculation for different delivery methods and product combinations
Utilizing their hands-on Salesforce B2B expertise and value-driven Agile approach, Forte Group’s cross-functional team focused their initial efforts on covering as many Ex-Guard requirements as possible with out-of-the-box features. To build a secure and reliable gateway connecting the Ex-Guard internal CRM and ERP to the storefront, Forte Group engineers implemented critical integrations related to pricing and fulfillment. The first viable MVP was delivered in under 60 days.
- By using an integration with SYSPRO ERP, a managed package application for syncing invoice coding and invoice payment data, order status updates and shipping details can now be displayed in customer accounts
- Buyers can see the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) for each item on its product page to calculate their ROI plan
- Pricing now supports instant tax calculation for dealerships based in Canada
- Among the standard e-commerce features powered by Salesforce, Forte built a custom faceted search by year and model to match Ex-Guard’s industry standards
The Salesforce marketplace’s feature flexibility has already proven to be effective and allowed us to optimize multiple internal processes and cater more precisely to our buyers’ needs. With a newer version of the MVP rolling out, we’re determined to expand our dealership network further with a better service offering.
By digitizing its B2B buying experience, Ex-Guard now provides its solution-based products in a seamless way that enhances the relationships it has with its customers. With this improved experience, Ex-Guard’s sales cycle has already shrunk dramatically. Thanks to automated operations like price generation and tax and shipping fee calculation, Ex-Guard has increased its sales at a lower cost of management.
- The first viable MVP launched in just two months
- Customer satisfaction increased, fueled by a seamless user journey
- Sales staff cut the time and resources spent on order placement and processing by 50 percent
|“By adopting Salesforce B2B Commerce as our primary sales engine, we’re headed forward as a business at a faster pace.”|
— Ryan Holt, General Manager at Ex-Guard Industries